Transforming asthma care through system-wide collaboration and innovation
Improving outcomes in respiratory disease is a clinical priority in the NHS Long Term Plan. To support this, The AHSN Network has been working with the Accelerated Access Collaborative (AAC) to spread:
- FeNO testing for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma
- Asthma Biologics, for the treatment of severe asthma.
Led by Oxford and Wessex AHSNs on behalf of The AHSN Network, the two programmes are a showcase in collaborative working in healthcare innovation. Both have yielded an impressive array of educational and pathway improvement outputs to support health systems to improve care for asthma patients. All 15 AHSNs have taken leadership in their own regions to drive uptake and improvement activity in their own regions.
In this 30-minute session, the speakers will share highlights of the programme including:
- the collaborative approach
- key achievements to date and milestones moving forward
- the resources and support on offer through The AHSN Network
- the impacts the programmes have already had on both workforce and care for asthma patients.
This session is part of the Innovation Zone and is brought to you by The AHSN Network. The AHSN Network is a key partner in the Accelerated Access Collaborative (AAC) at NHS England.